Ready to apply? If you are in one of the cities listed below where we have current openings, please submit your cover letter, resume and a 5-10 minute video presentation using the Video Presentation Tips outlined below.
Making It Count is not currently recruiting speakers. Please check back at a later date for updates.
- KEY TIP: We are looking for strong, upbeat, energetic, relatable, conversational speakers from the moment you begin your presentation! We also want to see that you hold this energy throughout!
- Video does NOT have to be created by a professional
- Video content is open to topic – should be something you are passionate about that will also engage high school students – we are looking for your ability to relate to the students
- Please STAND UP during your presentation
- Show your enthusiasm – pretend you are presenting to 500 high school students in an auditorium
- We do not use podiums – please show us your ability to “work the room”
- An introduction to your presentation is not necessary – please set your video to begin with your actual presentation
- Professional acting/comedy/news anchor clippings or stories may not truly showcase your ability to present with an engaging, conversational style – please try to avoid these types of submissions)